Fully Certified to International and Australian Standards
Exfoliators are proud to announce that we are fully certified to International and Australian Standards as shown below. The categories cover the Environmental Standards of producing premium perlite and premium vermiculite, the Quality Standards of our perlite and vermiculite, Australian Certified Organic and fully certified for our Safety Standards in passive fire protection products, lightweight compounds and spill absorbents.
We encourage all our customers to request proof of certification from all suppliers and to use these certifications to your advantage when promoting your own products that you have created with the inclusion of our Premium Perlite, Premium Vermiculite and other light weight compounds, passive fire protection products and spill absorbents.
The Scope of the certifications covers the following activities: The processing of Perlite & Vermiculite and the manufacture of other light weight compounds, passive fire protection products, spill absorbents and the sale of associated products.
Exfoliators has been re-certified by Australian Organic allowing both of our Premium Perlite and Premium Vermiculite to be used as “Allowed Inputs” into both Farming and Gardening.
Introduction to the Australian Standards
The three Standards are designed to compliment each other to form one integrated management system. All three Standards include many common features, examples being:
- Policies to establish overall objectives
- Recognition of legal and statutory requirements
- Establishing specific objectives and targets
- Management planning
- Provision of resources
- Responsibilities and accountabilities
- Training and competency
- Internal and external communications
- Documentation and document and data control
- Monitoring and measurement
- Control of non-conformance
- Preventive & corrective action
- Maintenance and control of records
- Internal auditing of systems
- Continual improvement
- Management review
Additional features for individual Standards include:
- Consultation (internally and externally)
- Identifying environment & safety hazards, assessing and controlling risks
- Reporting (system performance, accidents/incidents and system failures, identifying hazards and assessing risks, statutory reporting)
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Health surveillance (ISO45001)
- Operational control (ISO14001)
- Evaluation of compliance (ISO14001)
- Customer focus and related processes
- Product realisation
- Purchasing and supply
- Production and inspection
- Analysis of data
The focus of all standards is to plan, implement, monitor, measure and improve, and to satisfy customers (both internal and external).